What is a Facebook Chatbot?
A chatbot is an AI conversational program that you can use to chat with your customers/visitors on your behalf with pre-programmed responses. The conversation happens on Facebook-based platforms like Messenger. It aims at helping users with the necessary support in seconds.
While we have understood what these chatbots are. Now we also need to know how companies are using chatbots on Facebook to improve their social strategy.
How To Use Facebook Messenger Chatbots?
Using a facebook chatbot to assist marketing
With the availability of chatbots on Facebook, one can use such chatbots to generate leads via advertising. The basic idea of these chatbots is to automate the interactions and assist the target users with the requisite information. Before the availability of such chatbots, we often failed to respond to our prospects in real-time and engage them. Now this challenge seems to be solved.
Improve your customers journey
Today’s Facebook chatbots have the capabilities to assist the shopping journeys. With several functionalities in areas of security, rich media messaging, and FAQ-based automation, assisted service has become a reality. This can become the ultimate reason to use chatbots for every shop owner. This can make the social buying journey a lot easier and meaningful too.
Improving your brand awareness
One can start initiating an active conversation the moment visits your profile page. Before these messenger chatbots, it was always a passive method of communication. We always had users who often looked for something and closed the tab quickly if they didn’t find it at once. Now expect to have a fruitful discussion with all your relevant visitors, and you can initiate the conversation too.
While you have understood the usage of your chatbot, it is essential to know what to keep in mind while writing chatbot messages. This is one of the most critical steps in building a Facebook chatbot.
Facebook Messenger Chatbot Best Practices
The objective of every customer support team is to have a list of super-effective messages. Here are some of the best tips we have got from some of the best customer support professionals.
Don’t overdo it with the text
The bot should never have more than messages without taking input from the user. It is good to respond even with humor sometimes but has to be a two-way communication at all times. So make sure you have a conversation with the visitor and not an email like a conversation.
Use emojis as required
Try to have less formal communication with your visitor as they are on a social platform like Facebook with you. Adding emojis can make their experience better and a lot friendlier. It will make the conversation shorter and with fewer words too.
Use breaks between messages
Avoid using large blocks of text or swamping users with too many messages right on their visit or raising a query. It is crucial to have a human-like conversation at all points in time. In case you find it’s getting complicated, always have the option for the users to switch to human-bot handoff.
Include smart messages
As mentioned above, having a more authentic conversation is supercritical. So with rich messaging, buttons, images, GIFs, and videos, you can add humor to your bot and engage your audience for a longer time.
Always have an option for a user to exit or human handoff
It may happen that your user is not ready to speak to the bot for long. Instead of forcing her, you can always call for real human interaction. The easiest way to do so will be to have the same in the quick menu.
Trending Bot Articles:
How To Create A Facebook Chatbot?
Step 1: Building your chatbot
- Sign up for Kompose, a GUI bot builder based on natural language conversations for Human-Computer interaction. You don’t need any coding skills to master Kompose. It has a simple, intuitive, and easy-to-use interface. Sign up here.
- Go to the Bot integrations section and use the “Create a Bot” option to start creating one.
- Name your bot, set its language (as Kompose supports most used languages), and click save.
- Create your first welcome message and embed Texts, Buttons, Images, or other rich media types.
- Create answers for the bot. Define the intent that is possible and mention the phrases that you expect will trigger the communication. With time your bot will learn.
- If you don’t want to create your chatbot from scratch, you can use one of the available chatbot templates also.
One can continue to improve the chatbot with time by adding more phrases with time and defined buttons.
For a quick understanding, have a look-
Step 2: Integrating facebook with kommunicate
- Visit the integration section and click on Facebook
- Once you click on Settings, a pop-up will come that requires you to login on to your Facebook fan page.
- Login our your Facebook account from the admin account and complete the process.
- Once your integration is complete, you will be able to see the success message as mentioned below.
Step 3: Testing your kommunicate bot in facebook
Kommunicate has successfully integrated with Facebook, so you can start sending messages to your Facebook Page. The messages will also be sent to your Kommunicate dashboard, and the integrated chatbot will begin replying to the same.
This how it will look on the Kommunicate Dashboard.
This article was originally published here.
Don’t forget to give us your 👏 !
Step by step guide to building a Facebook chatbot without any coding. was originally published in Chatbots Life on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.