Build an application that uses the data provided by the HERE Geocoding and Search API and a Decision Optimization model to help you find the optimal buildings that could serve as temporary emergency sites. The Decision Optimization model is created in IBM® Watson Studio and deployed to Watson Machine Learning. Decision Optimization is available with Watson Studio on IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud Pak for Data with Watson Studio Premium.
During widespread emergencies, hospitals alone might not be able to handle the needs of the community. And in these cases, often officials need to provide emergency assistance at alternate locations (for example, setting up medical testing tents in a parking lot).
In this code pattern, you create an application using IBM Decision Optimization, Watson Machine Learning, and HERE Technologies to locate potential locations that might serve as emergency facilities.
You’ll build a Decision Optimization model and deploy the model to Watson Machine Learning. Then, you create application that use data from the HERE Geocoding and Search API to query the Decision Optimization model to provide the more optimal locations.
- The Decision Optimization model is built and deployed to Watson Machine Learning.
- The user interacts with the application.
- User inputs are sent to HERE Location services and returned Places are displayed in the UI.
- The Places data is sent to Watson Machine Learning and returned sites are displayed in the UI.
- The user reviews results and adjusts the inputs as necessary.
Get detailed instructions in the readme file. Those instructions tell you how to:
- Clone the repository.
- Generate an API key from the HERE Developer Portal.
- Provision a Watson Machine Learning service.
- Build and deploy the Decision Optimization model.
- Deploy the application.
- Use the application.